The National Reso Rocket Resophonic WB Resophonic Guitar is a newly designed single resonator cutaway guitar incorporating a redesigned coverplate pattern to complement the distinctive Tricone-style grille work. The upper bout of the wood body has been modified with a deep cutaway for easier access to the higher frets.
The very first versions of this innovative guitar were named the ‘Wocket’ and ultimately became the Reso Rocket WB (Wood Body).
The 14 inch wide, 4 inch deep mahogany body adds warmth to the tone of the single 9.5 inch resonator cone. The neck is also mahogany, with an ebony 25 inch scale length fingerboard, 12 frets to the body. The nut width is 1.82 inches. The wood body also reduces weight – at 5 pounds 12 ounces, the wood body Reso Rocket is a pound and a half lighter than the steel body version.
These are wonderful instruments to play. They have an unmistakable tone and unmissable presence – they are pretty loud even without amplification. Still, the tone is warm and rich without a harsh edge, and it responds well to heavy playing.
- Top - Mahogany.
- Back - Mahogany.
- Sides - Mahogany.
- Neck - Mahogany.
- Fingerboard - Ebony with MOP dots.
- Fingerboard Binding - Ivoroid.
- Nut - Bone.
- Headstock - Peghead.
- Truss-Rod - Two way adjustable.
- Headstock Veneer - Pearloid.
- Tuners - National.
- Body Finish - Mahogany Burst.
- Neck Finish - Satin polyester resin.
- 12 Fret.
- Nut Width - 1.82 inches.
- 12th Fret Width - 2.3 inches.
- String Spacing E-E - 1.56 inches.
- Body Depth - 3.12 inches.
- Scale Length - 25 inches.
- Fingerboard Radius - 16 inches.
- Weight - 5 Lbs 12 oz.
- Case - National Deluxe Hardshell.