The all new Martin D-28 Acoustic Guitar blends the rich history of the guitar with Martin’s newest and most heralded innovations. Sometimes innovation is in the details and this is certainly true of the Martin D-28.
After nearly a century at the helm, and as the quintessential workhorse of music legends like Hank Williams, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and so many more, Martin's legendary D-28 has been lovingly and artfully enhanced.
“The post WWII D-28 had a slightly different look than its predecessor and became the centerpiece of the folk and folk rock movements at their pinnacle in the 1950s and 1960s." says Chris Martin, Chairman and CEO of Martin Guitar, "We have extracted the finest features from the D-28 of both my grandfather’s and my father’s respective eras.”
The 184-year-old guitar maker has combined vintage appointments, including open gear tuners, an aged toner top, antique white accents, and a faux tortoise pickguard with a new neck profile to give D-28 enthusiasts a modern feel and comfortable playing experience. Martin has also added forward-shifted bracing to allow greater vibration of the top. The legend just got better!
- Body size: D-14 fret.
- Finish top: gloss.
- Construction: dovetail neck joint.
- Back and side finish: gloss.
- Bracing pattern: forward-shifted X-brace.
- Scale length: 25.4 inches.
- Brace shape: non-scalloped.
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-3/4 inches.
- Top material: Sitka spruce.
- Neck shape: modified low oval.
- Back material: East Indian rosewood.
- Neck taper: high-performance taper.
- Side material: East Indian rosewood.
- Electronics: optional.
Electronics options: Fishman Gold Plus Natural I,
Fishman Infinity Matrix,
Fishman Presys Plus,
Fishman Ellipse Matrix Blend,
LR Baggs Anthem.
- Top colour: aging toner.
- Bridge style: modern belly - drop in saddle.
- Binding: Antique White.
- Bridge string spacing: 2-5/32 inches.
- Top inlay material: multi-stripe.
- Bridge material: ebony.
- Top detail: none.
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic.
- Pickguard: tortoise pattern.
- Bridge pin dots: faux tortoise.
- Pickguard inlay: none.
- Saddle: compensated bone.
- Rosette: multi-stripe.
- Saddle radius: 16 inches.
- Brace material: Sitka spruce.
- Back and sides colour: none.
- Brace size: 5/16 inches.
- Back detail: none.
- Back purfling/strip: Style 28.
- Back inlay material: multi-stripe.
- Heelcap: Antique White.
- Side detail: none.
- Endpiece: Antique White.
- Side inlay material: none.
- Endpiece inlay: multi-stripe.
- Neck material: select hardwood.
- Fingerboard material: ebony.
- Finish neck: satin.
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/8 inches.
- Neck colour: dark mahogany.
- Fingerboard inlay style: Style 28.
- Number of frets total: 20.
- Fingerboard inlay material: mother-of-pearl.
- Neck joins body at: 14th fret.
- Fingerboard binding material: none.
- Side dots: white.
- Headstock shape: solid with square taper and diamond.
- Tuning machines: nickel open gear.
- Headplate material: East Indian rosewood.
- Knob: butterbean.
- Headplate logo style: Script Old Style overlay.
- Nut material: bone.
- Headplate binding material: none.
- Headplate detail: none.
- Case: molded hardshell.
- Left-handed availability: true.
- Label: none.
- Pleked: true.