Larrivee D-40 Legacy Series is the revolutionary new 40 Series features Larrivee's "Scalloped Parabolic Hybrid" bracing system design.
Based on Larrivee's tried and true "X-Brace" design, Jean Larrivee blended a non-symmetrical scalloped lateral cross-bracing pattern with our standard X-Brace. This means maximum strength using the least amount of material. It's a build that allows even further vibration of the soundboard, while still offering a controlled dynamic bass response.
Like all Larrivée's, the 40 Series are built in America using only all solid wood and feature brand new upgrades like bone nut and saddle, diamond fingerboard dots, and 18:1 open-back tuners. Jean's revolutionary new bracing design means a robust and unique tone that is sure to appeal to traditional and long-time Larrivée players alike.
- Solid African Ebony Fretboard and Bridge.
- Single piece Mahogany necks.
- Genuine Canadian maple while the competition uses cheap plastic strips.
- CNC made bone saddle, bone nut, and bone bridge pins.
- Mother of Pearl Logo.
- Grover 18:1 open back tuners.
- Non-shrink tortoise pick guard.
- Double action truss rod.
- Re-enforcement for side mount electrics.
- Durable acrylic satin finish, bold rope purfling.
- Hardshell case included.