Gibson Memphis ES-235 Semi-Hollow - Introduced in 1949 and still made today, Gibson's ES-175 boasts the longest continuous production run in electric guitar history. Take the ES-175's iconic body shape with its f-holes and Florentine cutaway, shrink it down, turn it into a thinline semi-hollowbody with a center block, and you have the Gibson Memphis ES-235, an instrument that can do it all. Perfect for jazz, blues, rock, and any type of fusion you can come up with; the ES-235 can sound warm and mellow during the verse and viciously shred the solo. Combining the best of solidbody and hollowbody designs, Gibson further enhanced this instrument's masterful tonal dexterity by specifying a pair of their superb BurstBucker Pro humbucking pickups.
- Classic semi-hollowbody electric guitar with Florentine cutaway.
- 3-Ply maple/poplar/maple body construction.
- Maple set neck, rounded-C profile.
- Rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets and Pearloid dot inlays.
- Plek'd frets for effortless playability.
- ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge with plated brass saddles.
- Zinc die-cast Stopbar.
- White oval button tuning machines.
- 1.687-inch bone nut, 24.75 inch scale length.
- Burstbucker Pro Rhythm, Burstbucker Pro Lead humbuckers.
- Two volume, two tone controls with a 3-way pickup selector toggle switch.
- Memphis Tone Circuit, handwired with 500K potentiometers and Orange Drop capacitors.
- Nickel hardware; black Top Hat knobs with silver reflectors.