The story of the Gibson Kirk Hammett "Greeny" Les Paul Standard is shrouded in mystery, but few guitars are as illustrious!
Greeny is one of the most iconic original Les Paul™ Standards ever made, with a unique sound as recognizable as the guitar itself. Previously owned by Peter Green, it was used throughout his time with Fleetwood Mac and later sold to Gary Moore, who used it for three decades with Thin Lizzy and as a solo artist. Now owned by Kirk Hammett, Greeny has passed through the hands of three legendary guitarists. Its distinctive sound is partly from the out-of-phase middle switch position due to the neck pickup’s reversed magnetic polarity. The Kirk Hammett Signature Les Paul Standard "Greeny" was inspired by this legendary guitar and gives players around the world the opportunity to experience some of the magic of "Greeny" for themselves. An Original Series hardshell case is included.
- Body: Mahogany.
- Top: AAA Figured Maple.
- Binding: Single ply cream, top and fretboard.
- Body Finish: Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer.
- Neck: Mahogany.
- Neck Profile: 50s Vintage.
- Nut width: 1.695" / 43.053mm.
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood.
- Scale length: 24.75" / 628.65mm.
- Number of frets: 22.
- Nut: Graph Tech.
- Inlay: Acrylic trapezoid.
- Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic.
- Tailpiece: Aluminum stop bar.
- Knobs: Amber top hats and gold top hats with gold reflector & pointers.
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatics with contemporary buttons.
- Plating: Nickel.
- Neck pickup: Greenybucker with reversed magnetic polarity; reverse mounted.
- Bridge pickup: Greenybucker.
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, hand-wired with orange drop capacitors.
- Case: Original Series hardshell.