At the source of every great feature in Eastman's guitars are highly skilled craftspeople who sculpt, refine and perfect a vision. The Eastman T64/V-T-RD Electric Guitar Antique Varnish process is no exception - created from the same team behind Eastman's respected Violin Varnish Shop. These craftsperson painstakingly hand apply and age the full series of Antique Varnish Archtops, Thinlines, Acoustics and Mandolins.
The six step process starts with a basecoat application to fill the grain, then moves to color application, concluding with a French polish, resulting in a finish that's softer than lacquer, with a smoother tone. The resulting sound is pure and like no other.
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Neck Profile: Traditional Even "C"
- Nut: Bone 1 3/4"
- 1st Fret String Height: .022"
- Fretwire: 22 Medium Jumbo Jescar 47104
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Body Style: 16" Hollowbody Thinline
- Body Dimensions: 16" x 1 3/4"
- Body Top: Deluxe Maple Laminate
- Body Back/Sides: Deluxe Maple Laminate
- Truss Rod: Single Acting
- Binding: Headstock, Neck, Body
- Binding Material: Ivoroid
- Logo: Pearl Headstock
- Inlay: Pearl Parallelograms
- Side Dot Color: Black
- Finish: Antique Varnish
- Hardware Color: Relic Nickel
- Pickguard: Black Plastic with Ivoroid Binding (/v-RD only)
- Tailpiece: Relic Chrome Plated Bras Trapeze
- Bridge: Gotoh Relic Series GE103B
- Tuners: Gotoh Relic Series SD90
- Knobs: Black Top Hats
- Neck Pickup: Lollar P-90 Dogears
- Bridge Pickup: Lollar P-90 Dogears
- Pickup Height: 3/32" bass side, 3/32" treble side
- Pickup Frame: Black Plastic
- Switch: 3 Way Switch
- Capacitors: Sky MC223 0.022
- Potentiometers: CTS 250k Audio Linear
- Output Jack: Switchcraft L11
- Case: Hardshell Case