The Eastman T59/V Electric Guitar is a take on one of the most successful and influential of Ted McCarty’s innovations, the thinline, semi-hollow archtop electric guitar.
Around 1957, Gibson was looking to update its product line to address a number of issues, one of which was the rise in amplified stage volumes causing feedback. While the engineering team is credited with most of the design, it was apparently president Ted McCarty’s idea to put a solid Maple block through the center of the guitar. The results were immediately accepted by working musicians and the ES-335 has been a staple ever since. It’s also been the basis for many competing designs, including the Eastman T59 V.
Operating on the same design principles, the Eastman T59 V uses Flame Maple laminate top, back and sides, with a solid Maple center block. The neck is Maple with a 12 inch radius Ebony fingerboard, and split parallelogram Mother of Pearl position markers. For hardware, vintage Kluson style Gotoh Relic Series SD90 tuners are installed at the head, with a Gotoh Relic Series GE104B adjustable bridge and Relic Series GE101A stop tailpiece, all in nickel plating. The electronics are straightforward and traditional, with a pair of Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickups and a standard Switchcraft toggle leading to individual volume and tone controls. Fret wire is Medium Jumbo Jescar 47104.
The Eastman T59 V is a very well built guitar, with traditional looks and high quality components throughout. The Antique Varnish finish o helps make the guitar look less ‘new’, and more like a well worn friend that’s been around for years.
Available in colour Antique Red.
Neck Material: Maple
Fingerboard Radius: 12"
Neck Profile: Traditional Even "C"
Nut: Bone 1 3/4"
1st Fret String Height: .022"
12th Freight String Height: Bass .078" & Treble .062"
Fretwire: 22 Medium Jumbo Jescar 47104
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Body Style: 16" Thinline
- Body Dimensions: 16" x 1 3/4"
- Body Top: Deluxe Flamed Maple Laminate
- Body Back/Sides: Deluxe Flamed Maple Laminate
- Truss Rod: Single Acting
- Binding: Headstock, Neck, Body,
- Binding Material: Ivoroid
- Logo: Pearl Headstock
- Inlay: Pearl Split Blocks
- Finish: Antique Varnish
- Hardware Color: Aged Nickel
- Tailpiece: Gotoh Relic Series GE101A
- Bridge: Gotoh Relic Series GE103B-T
- Tuners: Gotoh Relic Series SD90
- Knobs: Speed Knobs
- Neck Pickup: Lollar Custom Wound Imperial Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Lollar Custom Wound Imperial Humbucker
- Pickup Height: 3/32" bass side, 3/32" Treble Side
- Pickup Frame: Black Plastic
- Switch: 3 Way Switch
- Capacitors: 0.022μF
- Potentiometers: 500K AudioTaper
Output Jack: Switchcraft
- Colour: Antique Red
- Case: Hardshell Case