Eastman MD915 F-Style Mandolin is a beautifully handcrafted mandolin that pay tribute to traditional build methods and body styles while delivering a balanced and refined tone. More specifically, all the materials, build techniques, and even the type of finish are about as good as it gets.
The Eastman F-style or Florentine mandolins are the epitome of fine craftsmanship and beauty. The ornate carved scroll adds mass to the instrument that helps create balance for a standing player.
Known for having more treble attack and percussive "chop" than oval hole instruments, F-hole mandolins are the first choice in ensemble settings where volume competition can be an issue.
Hand-carved solid Adirondack spruce top, AAA solid highly-flamed maple back and sides with radiused ebony fingerboard and adjustable ebony bridge, all hand rubbed varnish finished. High quality hardware! Just an absolutely stunning instrument!
- Neck material: maple.
- Fingerboard: ebony.
- Fingerboard radius: 12 inches.
- Nut: bone, 1-3/32 inches.
- Fretwire: 23 Jescar FW37053.
- Scale length: 13-7/8 inches.
- Body style: F-Style w/ F-Holes.
- Body dimensions: 26-11/16 inches by 10 inches by 1-7/8 inches.
- Body top: solid Adirondack spruce.
- Body back/sides: solid highly flamed maple.
- Truss rod: single acting.
- Binding: top, back, fingerboard, and headstock.
- Binding material: tortoise.
- Logo: abalone headstock flower pot.
- Inlay: abalone dots.
- Rosette: none.
- Side dot colour: black.
- Body finish: vintage gloss.
- Neck/headstock finish: vintage gloss.
- Hardware colour: nickel.
- Tailpiece: Eastman cast aluminum tailpiece.
- Bridge: adjustable compensated ebony bridge.
- String spacing: 1-5/8 inches.
- Nut height: .018 inches.
- Tuners: Gotoh MF40R-MP-NI.
- Strap peg: ebony.
- Case: hardshell case.