The Eastman MD615-GB F-Style Mandolin is a handcrafted mandolin that pays tribute to traditional build methods and body styles while delivering a balanced and refined tone.
A bluegrass icon, and for good reason. F-style or Florentine mandolins are the epitome of fine craftsmanship and beauty. The ornate carved scroll adds mass to the instrument that helps create balance for a standing player.
Known for having more treble attack and percussive "chop" than oval hole instruments, F-hole mandolins are the first choice in ensemble settings where volume competition can be an issue.
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut: Bone 1 3/32"
- Fretwire: 23 Jescar FW37053
- Scale Length: 13 7/8"
- Body Style: F-Style w/ F-Holes
- Body Dimensions: 26 11/16" x 10" x 1 7/8"
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Body Back/Sides: Solid Maple
- Truss Rod: Single Acting
- Binding: Top, Back, Fingerboard, and Headstock
- Binding Material: Ivoroid
- Logo: Pearl Headstock
- Inlay: Pearl Blocks
- Side Dot Color: Black
- Body Finish: Gloss Finish
- Neck/Headstock Finish: Gloss Finish
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Tailpiece: Eastman Cast Aluminum Tailpiece
- Bridge: Adjustable Compensated Ebony Bridge
- String Spacing: 1 5/8"
- Nut Height: .018"
- Pickups: K&K Duotone
- Tuners: Pingwell RM-1583NE-26A
- Strap Peg: Ebony
- Strings: D'Addario XT Phosphor Bronze 1140
- Action Height: 0.060"/0.050"
- Case: Hardshell Case