Eastman MD604 A-Style Mandolin is individually hand-built using traditional materials and “Old World” craftsmanship. Solid Spruce Top, Solid Flamed Maple back and sides with Ebony fingerboard and adjustable ebony bridge. A-style body with an oval sound hole for round, liquid tones.
Simplicity of design without sacrificing quality and tone. A-style or teardrop mandolins offer the benefit of a fine mandolin without the extra cost of the F-style. Its tonal brightness makes it a popular choice in the classical, folk, and Celtic genres.
Oval-hole mandolins possess throaty and vocal tonal characteristics that are wonderfully compatible with mandolin orchestras, and Celtic/folk music. These mandolins also produce a perceived ambient reverb, due to the oval-hole opening lying directly below the courses of strings.
- Neck material: maple.
- Fingerboard: ebony.
- Fingerboard radius: 12 inches.
- Nut: bone, 1-3/32 inches.
- Fretwire: 23 Jescar FW37053.
- Scale length: 13-7/8 inches.
- Body style: A-Style with oval hole.
- Body dimensions: 26-11/16 inches by 10 inches by 1-7/8 inches.
- Body top: solid spruce.
- Body back/sides: solid maple.
- Truss rod: single acting.
- Binding: top, back, fingerboard, and headstock.
- Binding material: ivoroid.
- Logo: pearl headstock.
- Inlay: pearl dots.
- Side dot colour: black.
- Body finish: gloss finish.
- Neck/Headstock finish: gloss finish.
- Hardware colour: nickel.
- Tailpiece: Eastman cast aluminum tailpiece.
- Bridge: adjustable compensated ebony bridge.
- String spacing: 1-5/8 inches.
- Nut height: 0.018 inches.
- Pickups: K&K Duotone.
- Tuners: Pingwell RM-1583N-26A.
- Strap Peg: ebony.
- Case: hard shell case.