The Duesenberg Fairytale Lap Steel Guitar is a solid mahogany body, dual pickup Lap steel Guitar, featuring an integrated capodaster and our brilliant Multibender bridge system. It is the next generation Lap steel guitar, sporting some improvements over our Pomona 6 Lap steel introduced in 2008.
We are proud to introduce our new Duesenberg Fairytale lap steel with Goldburst finish and many improved details, like the newest generation of the Duesenberg Multibender, the integrated capodaster, a new pickup combination with the new SingleTwin Domino hum-cancelling single coil and our Grand Vintage humbucker.
The freely configurable Multibender is operated with the heel of the hand. Up to six levers (one per string) are mountable, which allow you to either raise or lower the notes on the individual strings to a preset setting.
Furthermore the integrated improved capo, which runs along a track on the anodized black aluminum fretboard, enables freedom of movement between all keys without sacrificing the typical lap steel riffs and licks that rely on open strings.
A roll nut provides tuning stability, while the Duesenberg Grand Vintage humbucker and the SingleTwin Domino hum-cancelling single coil deliver great tone and transparency in any situation. And the Duesenberg Speed pot controls work with a path of just 70˚ in order to achieve the lap steel's typical swelling “wah” effects.
The Fairytale is available in a gorgeous Goldburst finish.
- Wood: Korina (+ maple top on headstock)
- Width at nut: 65 mm / 2.56"
- Size: 94 x 19 x 4,2 cm / 37" x 7.48" x 1.65"
- String spacing: 54 mm / 2.13"
- Fingerboard: Black anodized aluminum
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5"
- Finish: PUR lacquer
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg Multibender
- Hardware color: Nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSL16 (016-018-026-036-046-056)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg SingleTwin Domino
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg GrandVintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Case: Custom Line case (included)