When you open the case of the Deering Vega Vintage Star Banjo, you will find a banjo that captures the soul of late 19th century banjos with the playability and adjustability of a modern instrument.
At the heart of the Deering Vega Vintage Star Banjo lies a stunning Dobson tone ring. Originally patented by Henry Dobson in 1881, the Dobson balances the low ends with clear highs, and adds just the right amount of sustain to the banjo. The brass Dobson glows from behind the renaissance head, which itself sits on a thinner walled, 12” violin grade maple rim. A knotless tailpiece tops off the set up to produce a classic old-time tone.
The Deering Vega Vintage Star Banjo features a durable, low maintenance frosty bronze powder finish, that accents the exotic smokey streaks running through the ebony of the fingerboard. The finish also happens to be hypoallergenic, which, along with the matching maple armrest makes for a truly comfortable playing experience.
One thing is for certain. The Vintage Star is a timeless instrument and it is as beautiful to look at as it is to listen to.
A brand new model that offers a fantastic old time tone and vintage vibe!
- Neck Wood: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: Vega 'D' Shape
- Stain: Dark Walnut
- Finish: Satin
- Nut Material: Ebony
- Tuners: Deering Planetary Tuners with Black Buttons
- 5th String Tuner: Deering Gotoh Geared 5th String Tuner
- Frets: 22 Nickel Silver Frets
- Rim: 12" Thinner 3-Ply Violin Grade Maple
- Rim Diameter: 12"
- Tone Ring: Dobson Tone Ring
- Head: 12" Renaissance Low Crown
- Tension Hoop: Beveled Steel Tension Hoop
- Hooks & Nuts: 24 Flat J-Hooks and 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- Armrest: Matched Wooden Deering Armrest
- Hardware Plating: Frosted Bronze Hypoallergenic Hardware
- Tailpiece: Deering Knot-Less Tailpiece
- Neck Width at the Nut: 1 1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge: 26 1/4"
- Rim Diameter: 12"
- Overall Instrument Length: 38"
- Weight Approx.: 8 lbs
- Hardshell case included