The Deering Goodtime Special Openback Banjo is the lowest priced Deering banjo made with a tone ring.
The openback style makes it suitable for clawhammer or frailing styles of playing, while the increased brightness and volume is a wonderful surprise to players who play in the more traditional bluegrass style of play.
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple neck.
- 22 pressed-in nickel-silver frets.
- Hardwood bowtie inlays.
- Sealed geared guitar tuners.
- Geared 5th-string tuner.
- Durable satin finish.
- Deering fiddle-shaped peghead.
- 3-ply violin grade Maple rim.
- Patented steel Goodtime Special tone ring.
- 11-inch frosted top high crown head.
- Steel tension hoop.
- 16 bracket shoes
- 16 flat hooks with 9/32-inch hex nuts.
- Patented Goodtime tailpiece.
- 2-piece flange.
- Nickel-plated armrest.
- Nickel-plated hardware.
- Case or bag sold separately.
- Shopworn discounts reflected on select models