The Deering Goodtime Six 6-String Banjo was not designed to replace the guitar, but rather complement it. It affords guitarists the chance to play what they already know with unimaginably creative results.
The Goodtime Six is a 6-string, steel-string banjo, that tunes like a guitar and features a fast, sleek, and comfortable guitar style neck that feels like an old friend. The Goodtime Six harnesses Deering’s 41 years of banjo know how to put a much needed quality American made 6-string banjo within reach of any guitarist looking to add an authentic banjo sound to their arsenal without breaking the bank.
The Deering Goodtime Six 6-String Banjo features an 11” 3-ply violin grade maple rim with a frosted top head for a traditional banjo snap.
- Neck Wood: Rock Maple.
- Neck Finish: satin.
- Nut Width: 1-11/16 inches.
- Nut Material: Lexan Polycarbonate.
- Truss Rod: Dual action truss rod.
- Tuners: sealed geared tuners.
- Frets: 22 pressed-in nickel-silver frets.
- Rim: 3-Ply violin grade Maple.
- Rim diameter: 11 inches.
- Head: 11 inch top frosted high crown
- Tension hoop: Beveled steel tension hoop.
- Hooks and nuts: 16 Flat J-Hooks with 9/32-inch nuts.
- Flange: Two-piece Goodtime Series Flange.
- Armrest: Goodtime armrest.
- Hardware plating: nickel.
- Tailpiece: Goodtime Six tailpiece.
- Finish: hand-rubbed Polyurethane with Carnauba wax finish.
- Neck width at the nut: 1-11/16 inches.
- Scale length, nut to bridge: 26-1/4 inches.
- Rim Diameter: 11 inches.
- Overall instrument length: 37-1/2 inches.
- Case or bag sold separately.