The Collings OM2H Acoustic Guitar has a compact shape making it equally easy to handle onstage or when sitting on the couch. Its relatively shallow body (barely over 4 inches deep) results in balanced tone and an immediate response!
'OM' in the Collings OM2H stands for "Orchestra Model," but 80 years after this body shape was first designed it has become the most popular 14-fret model with fingerstyle guitar soloists who choose to play on steel strings. Yet flat pickers also find it appealing. When the graceful cutaway is added these OMs are often used by lead players who routinely explore all 20 frets much as they would on an electric guitar.
- Top: Sitka spruce.
- Back an Sides: East Indian rosewood.
- Neck: Honduran mahogany.
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with herringbone purfling.
- Fingerboard Binding: None.
- Peghead Binding: None.
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2-3/16-inch spacing.
- Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone short diamond and squares.
- Fingerboard Radius: 14 inches - 26 inches compound.
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot.
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/4 inches.
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in.
- Neck Profile: Modified V.
- Peghead Profile: Square with volute.
- Neck Joint: Mortise andtenon hybrid.
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable.
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver.
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo.
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio).
- Backstrip: 2-style (Zipper).
- Rosette: iv/tort/iv and black/white purflings.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2 inches.
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce.
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace.
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer.
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin.
- Pickguard: Tortoise.
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL.