This Collings OM1ESS Acoustic Guitar Englemann Short Scale doesn’t disappoint in any of those areas. It is about as perfectly built as a guitar can be, with a full, even, rich yet brilliant sound – and this is before it’s been played in at all. The shorter scale makes it a bit more comfortable and warms up the tone.
Opening a box from Collings is always a treat. With the Collings OM1ESS, you know that what’s inside is going to be an immaculately finished, incredible sounding instrument built with an obsessive attention to detail.
- Neck: Mahogany neck with unbound ebony fingerboard.
- Short scale model at 24-7/8 inches.
- 1-3/4-inch nut width.
- 15 degree headstock angle.
- 14 to 16 inch compound fingerboard radius.
- Frets: 14-fret neck, 20 in total; medium size 18% nickel-silver fretwire.
- Body: Collings OM body with Englemann Spruce top and Mahogany back and sides.
- Faux tortoise binding and pickguard and ebony bridge.
- Finish: Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
- Nickel Waverly open tuners with 16:1 ratio.
- Bone nut and saddle, ebony bridge pins and end pin.
- Case: Hardshell, arch top, deluxe Collings case included.