The Collings CJ-35 GSB Acoustic Guitar is a spectacular guitar, evoking the looks feel and tone of generally unavailable vintage pieces – but with very high build and finish quality. This 2013 example is in great condition with very little wear of any kind, and is sold with its original Collings branded hard shell case.
The Collings CJ-35 is normally built with a Sitka Spruce top, but here as noted in the ‘GSB’ part of the name, German Spruce was chosen for the top, and there’s a traditional dark Sunburst finish.
The pre-war era of American flattop guitar making has come to be known as “golden” for a reason. Lauded for its short but brilliant periods of construction innovation, the years from 1930-1942 were filled with new instrument runs that featured bracing, fret access and body dimension changes that would define the features and sounds of the modern acoustic guitar. Emerging out of our fascination with this era of guitar making history, we are proud to introduce the Collings CJ-35.
The Collings CJ-35 GSB Acoustic Guitar is available with a mahogany back and slope-shouldered body, this new variation of our Collings CJ model incorporates a non-scalloped bracing configuration featuring three tone bars and a short 24 7/8″ scale length. This new design provides the Collings CJ-35 with a beautiful balance of deep piano-like bass and powerful full-bodied highs, complimented by a focused dynamic range for exceptionally even note projection. As a result, the Collings CJ-35 is one of our most versatile large-bodied guitars, equally well-suited for a variety of playing styles.”
- Top: German spruce.
- Back and Sides: Honduran mahogany.
- Neck: Honduran mahogany.
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with no purfling.
- Fingerboard Binding: None.
- Peghead Binding: None.
- Bridge: Wenge straight-style with 2 5/16-inch spacing.
- Fingerboard: Wenge with MOP long dots.
- Fingerboard Radius: 14 inches to 26 inches compound.
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ivoroid with no dot.
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/4 inches.
- Saddle: Bone, cut-through.
- Neck Profile: Vintage Now.
- Peghead Profile: Haircut.
- Neck Joint: Mortise and tenon hybrid.
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable.
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver.
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with Ivoroid Collings Logo.
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly with Ivoroid buttons (16:1 ratio).
- Backstrip: 1-style (Walnut).
- Rosette: Simple Ivoroid with b/w purfling.
- Scale Length: 24-7/8 inches.
- Brace Material: Adirondack spruce with abbreviated tongue brace.
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war non-scalloped X-brace (3 tone bars).
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer.
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin.
- Pickguard: Tiger stripe.
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL.