Commemorating the 30th anniversary of Nirvana’s seminal record “Nevermind,” this Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar Left-Handed solidbody electric guitar comes equipped with the same features that made it Kurt’s ideal instrument.
The alder body delivers a punchy tone perfect for big power chords, the 24-inch short-scale reduces string tension for easier playing, and the 7.25-inch radius rosewood fingerboard with maple neck has a comfortable feel that won’t fatigue your hands when chording. The vintage-style single-coil and custom humbucking pickups are perfect for recreating Kurt’s classic tones, while the Mustang slider switches provide the flexibility to dial in four distinct settings for a variety of in or out-of-phase tones.
New artists in music history can be credited with changing the industry nearly overnight and continuing to influence music culture three decades after the height of their popularity. Kurt Cobain and his bandmates in Nirvana appeared on the scene in the early ‘90s as generational talents who combined raucous, heavy tones, punk-infused energy and melodic hooks to create a sound that quickly attracted millions of fans and established grunge and alternative rock as a genre with legitimate mainstream appeal.
Although Kurt was seen playing a variety of Fender guitars over the years, his Fender Jaguar® and Mustang® remain the most iconic due to their use on the “Nevermind” tour and “Smells Like Teen Spirit” music video. Kurt designed the Jag-Stang® to combine his favorite elements of both instruments and brought it to life with help from the Fender Custom Shop in 1993.
This signature Jaguar model features a special neck plate engraved with a Fender "logo" originally doodled by Kurt Cobain himself in his journals.
This guitar comes with an exclusive Fender Kurt Cobain book with photos and commentary by photographer Charles Peterson and an insightful interview with Nirvana guitar tech Earnie Bailey.
- Alder body.
- Maple neck with 7.25-inch radius rosewood fingerboard.
- 24-inch scale length.
- On-off/in-phase/out-of-phase slider switches for each pickup.
- Classic Jaguar dual-circuit “lead/rhythm” design
- DiMarzio® DP103 PAF® 36th Anniversary (neck) pickup and DP100 Super Distortion® (bridge) humbucking pickups
- Three knurled “chrome-dome” control knobs (volume, volume, tone)
- Black chrome Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and floating tremolo tailpiece with lock button
- Left-handed model
- Black textured vinyl hard-shell case contains exclusive Fender Kurt Cobain book