The Eastman DT30OM Double Top Acoustic Guitar is the second model in Eastman’s new Double Top line, bringing high end classical guitar technology to the steel string world – here in a classic Orchestra Model body design.
The double top concept aims to allow a very thin, light and responsive top but with superior strength and stiffness. Here, thin layers of Sitka Spruce are bonded to a honeycomb Nomex core. Nomex is a Kevlar polymer and helps provide significant improvements in stiffness to weight ratios.
Aside from the use of the double top, the Eastman DT30OM is a lovely, elegant Orchestra Model guitar with Indian Rosewood for the sides, back and headplate, Ebony for the bridge and ivoroid-bound fingerboard, herringbone purfling and a mother of pearl ‘Hallelujah’ inlay set and logo. The rosette includes an Abalone ring. The neck and body blocks are Mahogany, and the neck features a double action truss rod. The finish is a gloss nitrocellulose lacquer, very cleanly applied.
It sounds very good, and is very responsive, with the warm, rich tone and even harmonic representation expected from a quality OM guitar. Because of their even tone, these models are very well suited to fingerstyle playing.
- Neck material: mahogany.
- Fingerboard: ebony.
- Fingerboard radius: 12 inches.
- Neck profile: Traditional Even "C".
- Nut: bone, 1-3/4 inches.
- Scale length: 24.9 inches.
- Bracings: hand-carved Scalloped X.
- Body top: double top Sitka spruce with a Nomex honeycomb core.
- Body back/sides: solid rosewood.
- Bridge/saddle: ebony/bone, 2-5/32-inch spacing.
- Rosette: classic.
- Truss rod: dual acting.
- Binding: top/back.
- Binding material: herringbone.
- Logo: abalone headstock.
- Inlay: pearl fleur de lis.
- Side dot colour: black.
- Bridge pins: bone with abalone dots.
- Body top finish: gloss finish.
- Back/sides finish: gloss finish.
- Hardware colour: gold.
- Tuners: Gotoh SXB 510.
- Pickguard: tortoise shell.
- Case: deluxe hardshell case.