The Eastman DT30D Double Top acoustic guitar is part of Eastman’s new line of double-top steel string guitars. It's a technology that until now has mostly been limited to high end classical instruments.
The Eastman DT30D double top concept aims to allow a very thin, light and responsive top but with superior strength and stiffness. Here, thin layers of Sitka Spruce are bonded to a honeycomb Nomex core. Nomex is a Kevlar polymer and helps provide significant improvements in stiffness to weight ratios.
Aside from the use of the double top, the Eastman DT30D Double Top is a lovely, elegant dreadnought guitar with Indian Rosewood for the sides, back and headplate, Ebony for the bridge and ivoroid-bound fingerboard, herringbone purfling and a mother of pearl ‘Hallelujah’ inlay set and logo. The rosette includes an Abalone ring. The neck and body blocks are Mahogany, and the neck features a double action truss rod. The finish is a gloss nitrocellulose lacquer, very cleanly applied.
The Eastman DT30D sounds very good, and is very responsive, with the warm full sound, volume and projection expected from a quality dreadnought.
- Neck material: mahogany.
- Fingerboard: ebony.
- Fingerboard radius: 12 inches.
- Neck profile: traditional Even "C".
- Nut: bone, 1-3/4 inches.
- Fretwire: 20 Jescar-FW43080.
- Scale length: 25.4.
- Body dimensions: 16 inches by 4-23/32 inches.
- Bracings: hand-carved scalloped X.
- Body top: double top Sitka spruce w/ a Nomex honeycomb core.
- Body back/sides: solid rosewood.
- Bridge/saddle: ebony/bone, 2-5/32-inch spacing.
- Rosette: abalone.
- Truss rod: dual acting.
- Binding: top/back.
- Binding material: herringbone.
- Logo: pearl headstock.
- Inlay: pearl fleur de Lis.
- Side dot colour: black.
- Bridge pins: bone with abalone dots.
- Body top finish: gloss finish.
- Back/sides finish: gloss finish.
- Hardware colour: gold.
- Tuners: Gotoh SXB 510.
- Pickguard: tortoise shell.
- Case: deluxe hardshell case included.