The Deering Sierra 5-String Banjo is truly the flagship of Deering Banjos. The pot assembly of the Sierra, the violin grade maple 3 ply rim, the -06- tone ring, the one piece zinc flange, the notched tension hoop, the Deering tail piece and armrest are exactly the same as our whole line all the way up to the Gabriella, with just a few exceptions. The only exceptions are; the Golden Era has a different zinc flange, the Hartford has a Grenadillo wood tone ring, the Terry Baucom has an -06- tone ring that is just a few ounces lighter than the standard -06- tone ring, and the Tenbrooks banjos have the Swiss Jens Kruger tone ring.
With the implementation of new technology Deering has been able to make the Sierra exquisitely beautiful without raising the price, inspired by the art work of the old masters of the Boston banjo era from the turn of the last century.
The Deering Sierra 5-String Banjo is truly a professional masterpiece of both sound and art at a price that is within your reach.
- Natural ebony fingerboard.
- Original Deering designed engraved inlays.
- Slender Deering neck shape.
- 22 nickel-silver frets.
- Fully adjustable two-way truss rod.
- Deering planetary banjo tuners.
- Deering geared 5th-string tuner.
- Satin finish.
- Deering -06- 20-hole bell bronze tone ring.
- Three-ply violin grade maple rim.
- Deering brass notched tension hoop.
- 11-inch frosted top medium crown head.
- 24 round hooks and 1/4-inch hex nuts.
- One-piece cast zinc flange.
- Slender shaped armrest.
- Nickel plated hardware.
- Deering True Tone tailpiece.
- Mahogany or maple stained brown.
- White binding.
- Straight inside sidewalls.
- Satin finish.
- Neck width at the nut: 1-1/4 inches.
- Scale length nut to bridge: 26-1/4 inches.
- Resonator diameter: 13-7/8 inches.
- Rim diameter: 11 inches.
- Overall instrument length: 38 inches.
- Weight: approx. 11 lbs.
- Hardshell case included.