With a bluegrass resonator back for projection, the Deering Artisan Goodtime Two Banjo with Resonator has a 3-ply violin grade maple rim and produces a bright and clear tone that projects well and is louder than its open back counterpart. The Artisan Two is enhanced with a rich brown stain, white detailing and spikes at 7, 9, and 10. The use of spikes enables you to expand your playing from the key of G to easily play in the keys of A, B, and C.
Here is a banjo you can have right there by your easy chair or take out an play in a jam. It holds its own as a bluegrass banjo for anyone looking for a lighter weight option and has the looks to boot! It's great for hours of practice with an accurate neck that is as comfortable as can be. You'll appreciate how light it is when you reach over to pick it up and enjoy playing it.
Most people who get a Goodtime banjo keep it because they love it even when they step up to their beautiful Deering banjo. The Goodtime banjo still maintains a special place in their life and this is why you don't see a lot of Goodtime banjos on the used market. It's a banjo you can take anywhere.
The stunning new Artisan Goodtime banjos embody Greg Deering’s lifelong vision for the Deering Banjo Company – to make the best sounding, best playing, best looking, and best value U.S.A.-made banjo that he possibly could. It is a never ending quest that Deering pursues every single day. So with improved tooling and a higher than normal dose of creativity, we bid farewell to our old friend the Classic Goodtime and welcome with open arms the stunning aesthetic of the new Artisan Goodtime Banjos.
- Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained a Rich Brown.
- Vintage artisan style inlays.
- 22 pressed-in nickel/silver frets.
- Goodtime Logo engraved on peghead.
- Planetary tuners.
- Geared 5th-string tuner.
- Durable satin finish.
- Spikes installed at 7th, 9th, and 10th frets.
- Deering fiddle-shaped peghead.
- 3-ply violin-grade maple rim, stained rich brown.
- Steel tension hoop.
- 11-inch frosted top high crown head.
- 5/8-inch maple/ebony Goodtime bridge.
- 16 flat hooks with 9/32-inch nuts.
- 16 bracket shoes with screw attachments.
- Deering patented Goodtime tailpiece.
- Steel coordinator rod for adjustments.
- Neck width at the nut: 1-1/4 inches.
- Scale length, nut to bridge: 26-1/4 inches.
- Rim diameter: 11 inches.
- Resonator diameter: 13-7/8 inches.
- Overall instrument length: 38 inches.
- Weight: approx. 6 lbs.
- Case or bag sold separately.