The Collings 001 14-Fret Acoustic Guitar is Collings newest acoustic body size and finds the sweet spot between a small-bodied and mid-sized instrument while bringing to the table a distinctive voice and character all its own.
Upon picking up the Collings 001 14-Fret, it doesn't take more than a few strums to reveal a pleasing midrange resonance that distinguishes this size from other offerings. This fullness of tone is complemented by dry and articulate attack, with more low-end definition than you’d typically expect to find in an instrument of this size.
The shorter 24-7/8-inch scale length combined with a relatively broad waist allows more delicate producing an openness equally suited accentuating subtle nuances as it digging on single-note runs all highly versatile instrument that excels at variety of playing styles from fingerstyle to strumming and anything in between.
- Top: Sitka spruce.
- Back and Sides: Honduran mahogany.
- Neck: Honduran mahogany.
- Body Binding: Tortoise with black/white/black/white top purfling.
- Fingerboard Binding: None.
- Peghead Binding: None.
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2-3/16-inch spacing.
- Fingerboard: Ebony with MOP short dots.
- Fingerboard Radius: 14-inch - 26-inch compound.
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot.
- Nut: Bone, 1-11/16 inches.
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in.
- Neck Profile: Modified V.
- Peghead Profile: Square.
- Neck Joint: Mortise and tenon hybrid.
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable.
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver.
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with MOP Collings logo.
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio).
- Backstrip: 1-style (Walnut).
- Rosette: b/w Purfling.
- Scale Length: 24-7/8 inches.
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce.
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace.
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer.
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin.
- Pickguard: Tortoise.
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL included.