The Collings 0001 Acoustic Guitar is ideal for string-band purists or any guitarist who wants a maximum of power from an instrument of comfortable size with an elegant, old-time appearance. A long with the usual options in woods, binding, and inlay, it is also available with a graceful cutaway.
The 12-fret 000 has the same general appearance as the Collings 00, but in a larger size with longer string scale. Although it's the same width and depth as the OM, the longer body typically produces more bass and overall volume.
- Top: Sitka spruce.
- Back and Sides: Honduran mahogany.
- Neck: Honduran mahogany.
- Body Binding: Tortoise with black/white/black/white top purfling.
- Fingerboard Binding: None.
- Peghead Binding: None.
- Bridge: Ebony pyramid-style with 2-5/16-inch spacing.
- Fingerboard: Ebony with MOP short dots.
- Fingerboard Radius: 14 inches to 26 inches compound.
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot.
- Nut: Bone, 1-13/16 inches.
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in.
- Neck Profile: Modified V.
- Peghead Profile: Tapered slotted square with volute.
- Neck Joint: Mortiseand tenon hybrid.
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable.
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver.
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with MOP Collings logo.
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio).
- Backstrip: 1-style (Walnut).
- Rosette: black/white Purfling.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2 inches.
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce.
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace.
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer.
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin.
- Pickguard: Tortoise.
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL.