Seymour Duncan Vintage P90 Soapbar Pickup - 1946 was a red-letter year for the electric guitar pickup. This year famously introduced us to the twang, snarl, sweetness, and sparkle of Kalamazoo's inimitable soapbar-style P-90. It's to this model and vintage of pickup that the Seymour Duncan Vintage P90 Soapbar Pickup looks.
The Seymour Duncan Vintage P90 Soapbar pickup is a historically correct reproduction that starts with dual alnico V bar magnets and short-wide bobbins known to give this pickup its powerful output and unique midrange character. And for added mojo and authority, its plain enamel wire is wound to 9.7kΩ DCR on the very same Leesona winders used in the original P-90's 1950s factory.
Wax potting neutralizes the feedback issues common to this style of pickup. And best of all, the Seymour Duncan Vintage P90 is drop-in ready for all your favorite soapbar-equipped guitars. A braided single-conductor cable rounds out this impressive re-creation.
- A faithful re-creation of the 1946 soapbar pickup.
- Alnico V bar magnets and short-wide bobbins supply authentic output and midrange character.
- Wound on the same Leesona winders used in Kalamazoo's original.
- Wax potting reduces squeal onstage.
- Drop-in ready for your favorite P-90 guitar with a braided single-conductor connector cable.
- Position: bridge (SP90-1b).
- Colour: black.
- DC resistance: 9.7kΩ.
- Type: single-coil.