Mandolin players, especially those proficient in playing other fretted instruments with wider string spacing will appreciate the new Kentucky KM-1050 F-Style Mandolin!
At first glance, this new master-level mandolin shares similar specifications to the popular KM-1000, but looking more closely you will discover a few more player-friendly features first pioneered by Saga and Kentucky mandolins in the late 1970’s as a result of collaborations with the best mandolin players of the day. These features include an ebony fingerboard with a compound radius, a wider nut and saddle for more comfortable string spacing, frets that are taller and wider than those found on vintage instruments, and a skillfully scooped fingerboard extension with inlaid nickel-silver fret markers to retain a traditional look.
All combine to make for a mandolin with a playability that is unmatched. Like other Master Model Kentucky Mandolins, the body of the KM-1050 features a hand carved and graduated Adirondack spruce top, and a back, sides and slim comfortable neck made of select Northern maple to assure the best tone possible. it will be hard to find a better F-model mandolin on the market today that represents the quality and value of America’s new Favorite – the KM-1050!
- Solid hand carved Adirondack spruce top provides you with superior note clarity and volume to spare
- Solid carved flamed Michigan maple back and sides ensure extra punch
- Slim flamed maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Radiused premium ebony fingerboard gives extra durability and striking good looks
- High-gloss lacquer finish in vintage sunburst imparts authentic beauty and luster
- Comes with a sturdy, padded ProTour BV-2012 Mandolin Gig Bag, with Kentucky logo
- Factory Strings: D’Addario EJ-74