The Eastman MD415 F-Style Mandolin is a handcrafted mandolin that pays tribute to traditional build methods and body styles while delivering a balanced and refined tone.
A bluegrass icon, and for good reason. F-style or Florentine mandolins are the epitome of fine craftsmanship and beauty. The ornate carved scroll adds mass to the instrument that helps create balance for a standing player.
Known for having more treble attack and percussive "chop" than oval hole instruments, F-hole mandolins are the first choice in ensemble settings where volume competition can be an issue.
- Neck material: maple.
- Fingerboard: ebony.
- Fingerboard radius: 12 inches.
- Nut: bone, 1-3/32 inches.
- Fretwire: 23 Jescar FW37053.
- Scale length: 13-7/8 inches.
- Body style: F-Style w/ F-Holes.
- Body dimensions: 26-11/16 inches by 10 inches by 1-7/8 inches.
- Body top: solid spruce.
- Body back/sides: solid mahogany.
- Truss rod: single acting.
- Binding: top.
- Binding material: ivoroid.
- Logo: pearl headstock.
- Inlay: pearl dots.
- Side dot colour: black.
- Body finish: gloss nitrocellulose.
- Neck/headstock finish: gloss nitrocellulose.
- Hardware colour: chrome.
- Tailpiece: Eastman cast aluminum tailpiece.
- Bridge: adjustable compensated ebony bridge.
- String spacing: 1-5/8 inches.
- Nut height: .018 inches.
- Tuners: Pingwell RM-1583N-26A.
- Strap peg: ebony.
- Case: hardshell case.