Here is a beautiful new Collings OM2HESS Acoustic Guitar – an Orchestra Model with Engelmann Spruce top, 24.875 inch Short Scale guitar.
Based on the classic Orchestra Model design developed at the end of the 1920s and in the Martin catalog for 1930, the Collings OM2HESS is pretty much as good as it gets. Collings quality is consistently very high, from wood selection to nitrocellulose lacquer finish, setup and everything in between. These are some of the finest instruments available anywhere.
Varying from the stock configuration, the Collings OM2HESS Acoustic Guitar replaces the Sitka Spruce top with Engelmann Spruce. Engelmann is lighter and more flexible than Sitka, resulting in more pronounced overtones and a richer tone with less physical effort on the part of the player. As well, the short scale length is .625 inches or 15.875mm shorter than the stock 25.5 inch or 647.7 full scale, making for smaller finger reaches and slightly reduced string tension.
The rest of this guitar follows the standard specs, with Indian Rosewood for the sides, back and head plate, Mahogany for the body blocks and neck, and Ebony for the fingerboard and Pyramid-style bridge. Tuners are by Waverly, and the nut and saddle are Bone.
- Top: Engelmann spruce.
- Back and Sides: East Indian rosewood.
- Neck: Honduran mahogany.
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with herringbone purfling.
- Fingerboard Binding: None.
- Peghead Binding: None.
- Bridge: Ebony Pyramid style with 2-3/16-inch spacing.
- Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone short diamond and squares.
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot.
- Nut: Bone, 1-3/4-inch width.
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in.
- Neck Profile: Modified V.
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square with volute.
- Neck Joint: Mortise and tenon hybrid.
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable.
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver.
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo.
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio).
- Backstrip: 2-style (Zipper).
- Rosette: iv/tort/iv & b/w purflings.
- Scale Length: 24.875 inches (631.83mm).
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce.
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace.
- Fingerboard Radius: 14 – 26 inch compound (355.6mm to 660.4mm).
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer.
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin.
- Pickguard: Tortoise.
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL included.