For nearly a century the National name has been synonymous with “steel guitar.” The National Pioneer RP1 resophonic guitar ensures that association will remain.
Old-world craftsmanship meets modern design in our first steel, hollow-body electric. The National Pioneer RP1 Resophonic Guitar combines an audiophile-quality bridge pickup with a vintage-style Lollar P-90 neck pickup. An on-board active circuit allows for a wide range of tones. A slim neck profile and narrow string spacing complete this hybrid instrument. With the quality artistry expected in a National, the Pioneer is a unique update to the traditional steel-bodied guitar.
Steel body guitars are not a new thing for National, and the National Pioneer RP1 Resophonic Guitar brings its benefits to the electric world. These very cool instruments also feature a Highlander piezo pickup in the bridge plus a Lollar P-90 pickup towards the neck, feeding into onboard active electronics. Tuners are the excellent Gotoh 510 models.
- Top: Steel.
- Back - Steel.
- Sides - Steel.
- Neck - Hard Rock Maple.
- Fingerboard - Ebony with MOP dots.
- Nut - Bone.
- Headstock - Peghead.
- Truss-Rod - Two way adjustable.
- Headstock Veneer - Ebony.
- Tuners - Gotoh.
- Body Finish - Clear High Gloss.
- Neck Finish - Satin polyester resin.
- Highlander Piezo / Lollar P90 with active electronics.
- Nut Width - 1.71 inches.
- 12th Fret Width - 2.3 inches.
- String Spacing E-E - 1.56 inches.
- Body Depth - 4 inches.
- Scale Length - 25 inches.
- Fingerboard Radius - 16 inches.
- Weight - 8 Lbs 6 oz.
- Deluxe Hardshell Case included.