Based on the original Geddy Lee YYZ Signature SansAmp pedal, the Tech 21 MP40 Limited Edition Signature Sansamp Pedal celebrates the 40th Anniversary of “Moving Pictures.” This was a milestone album for RUSH that sold over 5 million copies, and a major turning point in Geddy Lee’s bass tone. “Moving Pictures” captivated and influenced generations of bass players, and continues to do so to this day.
Custom “Moving Pictures” Inspired Artwork
The Geddy Lee MP40 Limited Edition pays tribute to the iconic album cover designed by Hugh Syme with a new black and red colour scheme and custom artwork.
All-New Shape-shifter Button and Footswitchable Boost.
The all-analog MP40 SansAmp builds upon the original YYZ pedal with a brand new selectable Boost stomp switch that provides a 12dB presence boost for increased top-end distortion. Additionally, engaging the Shape-shifter button gives you 6dB of Schmegilka on top, which, according to Geddy, “is an indefinable thing of awesomeness!
- All analog SansAmp technology enables you to record directly and enhance previously recorded tracks. For live performances, the MP40 can drive a power amp and speakers, augment your existing amplifier set-up, or run directly into the mixer of a PA system.
- Mix control to blend the ratio of high-end studio clean (Deep) and dirty bass tube amp tones (Drive).
- Tight button to add definition to your notes in cleaner settings and make distorted tones snappier.
- Boost / Shape-shifter selectable Boost function deviates from the norm. It provides a 12dB presence boost for increased top-end distortion. Kick in the Shape-shifter button, and get 6dB of Schmegilka on top, which, according to Geddy “is an indefinable thing of awesomeness!”
- Drive adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive, similar to when the output section of a tube amp is being pushed.
- Active 3-band EQ.
- Master volume.
- Operable with 9V alkaline battery (not included) or optional DC power supply, Tech 21 model #DC9 (or former models #DC2 or #DC4).