Made in El Cajon California, the Taylor 712ce steel string 12-fret guitar is a beautifully compact and comfortable guitar packed with tone enhancing features. The Grand Concert body size is one of Taylor’s smaller body shapes which is very easy to handle but produces a lot of volume and tone for its size.
The Taylor 712ce’s 12th-fret neck joint shifts the bridge further down the lower bout of the guitar, enhancing midrange and a warmer played-in type of sound. The new V class bracing pattern designed by master luthier Andy Powers helps to boost the overall volume and sustain on this model. The tone woods featured on the Taylor 712ce are Indian rosewood with its rich complex overtones and Lutz spruce which is a natural hybrid of Sitka and White spruce. It has the lovely dynamics of Sitka spruce but also shares characteristics of Adirondack spruce which delivers a powerful note fundamental, more volume and a rich tone.
The Taylor 712ce 12-fret also features a Venetian cutaway for easy upper note access and the ES2 pickup system for on stage amplification.
This guitar looks a good as it sounds with its Koa body binding, slotted headstock and Reflections fretboard inlay. Players that love a small body but enjoy rich and lively tone are sure to enjoy the beautifully crafted instrument.
The original Taylor hard shell case is included.
- Grand Concert body delivers a balanced, focused tone that won’t compete with other tracks in a mix.
- Western red cedar top provides a smooth and mellow tone.
- Tropical mahogany back and sides add warmth and projection.
- Comfortable tropical mahogany neck is topped with an easy-playing West African ebony fingerboard.
- ES2 electronics provide top-shelf amplified tone.