Taylor's 614ce Builder’s Edition acoustic guitars features their popular Grand Auditorium body, a torrefied Sitka spruce top, back and sides of figured Big Leaf maple, and patented V-Class bracing. That combination yields an ultra-responsive, player-reflective sound, elevating maple’s natural transparency in a way that can sound warm, bright or whatever a player’s hands decide.
The V-Class architecture improves the volume, sustain and projection, and creates more harmonic agreement between notes by putting the top more in tune with the strings. Proprietary roasting process for the Sitka spruce top lowers the damping effect and helps deliver a more played-in tone. Ergonomic body details (exclusive to Builder’s Edition) include a beveled armrest with beveled body edge treatment; a double-carved cutaway that allows fluid access to the higher frets without the need to change one’s hand position; and a new Silent Satin finish, which reduces contact noise for a cleaner overall sound.
Gold Gotoh 510 tuners (featuring a 21:1 gear ratio) complete the suite of tactile delights. Striking aesthetic details include a new Wild Honey Burst on the back, sides and neck (an optional burst-top version is also available), mother-of-pearl Sceptor fretboard/peghead inlay, and inset maple/black body purfling with matching rosette. The guitar comes equipped with our ES2 electronics and ships in a deluxe hardshell case.
- Sitka spruce top and figured bigleaf maple back and sides.
- V-Class bracing with Relief Rout.
- Compound cutaway.
- West African ebony fingerboard, binding, truss rod cover, and bridge pins.
- Beveled ebony armrest.
- Paua rosette with koa and ebony purfling.
- Tropical mahogany neck with satin finish.
- Scepter mother-of-pearl fingerboard inlay.
- West African ebony overlay and Scepter inlay in headstock.
- Black graphite nut and Micarta saddle.
- 25.5-inch scale length.
- Gotoh 510 tuning machines with 21:1 gear ratio.
- Taylor Expression System 2 electronics.
- Silent Satin top, back, and sides finish.