The Seymour Duncan Vintage Jazz Bass Pickup is a faithful recreation of the Jazz Bass single coils of the early '60s. These pickups stay true to the originals by capturing that warm tone with just the right amount of midrange.
The neck model is full sounding, and brings in a nice, rich bottom end without being boomy. It is wound RWRP so that it will hum-cancel when used together with the bridge pickup. The bridge model is smooth and punchy and delivers a brightness that is a perfect balance for the warmer neck model. These pickups are drop-in replacements for any American Standard Jazz Bass.
Since 1978, Seymour Duncan has been hand building all of our vintage Fender style single coil pickups with the right colour and thickness of Forbon flatwork, along with the period correct hand ground Alnico V rod magnets. Each pickup comes complete with waxed and tinned cloth pushback hook-up wires. They hand file the flatwork, assemble, and lacquer the bobbin just as it was done during Fender’s Golden Age. Both pickups come with black, non-logo covers.
When the Jazz bass was introduced, the music world was rocked yet again by fantastic new tone and options for a progressing bass community - Seymour Duncan Vintage Jazz Bass Pickup!
- Neck Resistance: 9.3k.
- Bridge Resistance: 9.2k.
- Alnico V magnets.
- Designed to look and sound like the originals.
- Delivers the legendary growl of the Jazz Bass single-coil bridge pickups of the early '60s.
- Drop-in bridge position replacement for any American Standard Jazz Bass.
- Hand-filed Forbon flatwork; lacquered bobbin.
- Vintage-correct hand-ground Alnico V rod magnets.
- Includes black no-logo cover.