The Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar Metallic KO is a fantastically non-standard model that is as distinctive as the sounds he wrings from it.
Johnny Marr is best known as the strikingly dynamic guitarist-arranger-songwriter behind the Smiths, who redefined and ruled U.K. pop in the 1980s. A master of melody, layering and texture, Marr has brought his own instantly identifiable genius to the proceedings ever since, in stints with The, the Pretenders, Modest Mouse and the Cribs—to say nothing of his solo career and innumerable guest appearances.
- Resonant alder body
- 24-inch scale length produces a percussive, jangly tone that's perfect for Marr-style guitar heroics
- Maple neck carved into a slightly chunky “C” profile modeled after Johnny’s own ’65 Jag
- Rosewood fingerboard in a vintage correct 7.25-inch radius — ideal for complex chord work and arpeggios
- Custom Bare Knuckle Johnny Marr Jaguar pickups offer classic Jag chime and jangle, but with some added girth
- 4-way blade switch offers traditional Jaguar pickup positions, in addition to sporting both series/parallel wiring when running both pickups
- Dual bright switches on the upper horn — 1 with universal function and another that’s specifically for the series position
- Modified bridge with nylon post inserts and fixed saddles drastically increases stability
- Nitrocellulose lacquer finish allows your guitar to naturally age over time
- Vintage-style tremolo system with a slightly taller arm and nylon sleeve insert to keep the arm from swinging