The Fender American Original 60s Jaguar Surf Green electric guitar brings that historic supple sound and slinky playability to life once again - slightly tweaked for a modern feel.
Fender's never resting mission to make life better for musicians - created the short-scale Jaguar guitar in 1962. Originally released as their feature-rich, top-of-the-line electric guitar, it inspired the heroes of the musical underground and hit its stride with surf, punk and alternative guitarists.
- Classic Jaguar design aimed at fans of the vintage originals.
- Alder body with a gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
- Maple neck with '60s "C" profile and round-laminated rosewood fretboard.
- Fast, precise playability from vintage-tall frets.
- Pure Vintage '62 single-coil pickups with enamel-coated coil wire, cloth-covered. output wires, Alnico 5 magnets, and flush-mounted pole pieces.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot - 7mm
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '62 Single-Coil Jaguar®
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '62 Single-Coil Jaguar®
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone: Switching 2-On/Off Slide Switches, One for Each Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: 2-Position Slide Switch for Bass-Cut "Strangle" Circuit
- Auxiliary Switching: 2-Position On/Off Slide Switch for Switching Between "Lead" and "Rhythm" Circuits
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style with Threaded Steel Saddles and Included Adjustable Bridge Mute
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)