As with all of Collings Traditional Series guitars, when it came time to add a “T” designation to their slope-shoulder offerings, Collings didn’t simply tweak the original; the all-new Collings CJ-45 T Acoustic Guitar is a fully re-imagined instrument that offers a distinct tonal variation when compared to their CJ and CJ-35 models.
Strongly vintage-inspired, the body construction has been completely re-engineered, including new bracing carves and patterns. When combined with our latest T-Series neck design and new CJ-45 neck profile, the result showcases a tone that is exceptionally dry and fundamental with the growl and thump sought after in the great slope-shoulder dreads of the Wartime era.
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides: Honduran mahogany
- Construction: Traditional Series Build and Voicing
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with no purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge Ebony: straight-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood with 19 frets and MOP long dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ivoroid with no dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle: Bone, cutthrough
- Neck Profile: CJ-45 Carve
- Peghead Profile: Haircut
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly w/ Ivoroid buttons (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: None
- Rosette: Single-ring of multiple b/w purflings
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: CJ-45 Wartime scalloped X-brace
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL